BKW has asked people to have a try of the codec ordering patch for IAX2 on the bugtracker:
..."we need to get that codec ordering stuff Tony and I worked on but nobody seems to be even remotely interested in.
Excerpt from bugtracker entry:
This is a 1st draft at making IAX2 support codec prefs using the new codec API recently added to CVS
Basicaly it uses the data structure AST_FORMAT_LIST now found in frame.c
Since this is a protocol change it is important that the community have some feedback in the process so please post your opinions here.
- September 20, 2004: New App In bugs.digium.com (not in CVS)
- July 1, 2007: bugs.digium.com upgrade
- November 6, 2008: bugs.digium.com Maintenance and Downtime
- December 20, 2004: #asterisk: Automatic gain control
- November 29, 2005: *-Announce: Asterisk project converts to Subversion version control system
- January 5, 2010: Manageable Access Control Lists for Asterisk (NACLs)
- October 15, 2010: Twin Cities Business: Call Control
- December 4, 2013: IOS iBat Apps Suite to control Asterisk servers
- December 4, 2004: Asterisk-Users: IAX2 Codec Pref order.
- May 26, 2005: mac-asterisk: G729 codec for MacOS X - Please sign the petition
- October 8, 2005: *-Announce: Digium G.729 codec modules updated
- September 7, 2006: Digium G.729 codec binaries updated
- September 9, 2006: G729 codec for trunk updated again... now it works