Oej's site has a couple of stories on phone numbers/dial by url:
Chris Holland explains why dialling by SIP address is the future. I completely agree! Numbers will be connectors to the old-fashioned PSTN, not what we want to use to contact our friends and co-workers.
...who actually keys-in numbers to call somebody on their mobile phone? Once human interface issues have been addressed, we should never have to limit ourselves to numbers to "call" someone: A full SIP address ought to be a perfectly viable alternative and, in most cases, completely transparent to the user.
- May 3, 2005: *-Dev: Benchmark numbers...
- March 19, 2005: Voxilla: New FCC Chief Not So VoIP-Friendly
- June 16, 2005: Kevin Fleming: So, you want to be an Asterisk Developer?
- August 25, 2007: DUNDi, So Easy A Caveman Could Do It
- August 7, 2012: So long, and thanks for all the fish!
- September 14, 2004: New Asterisk Blog
- October 20, 2004: New Asterisk Blog
- November 12, 2004: Perx starts new Asterisk Blog, Reports on playing native file formats for Music On Hold
- March 25, 2005: Blog post on Asterisk setup
- October 15, 2005: voip-info: Lord Stroud starts his Asterisk blog
- October 25, 2005: VoIP-info: VoIP blog in Polish about Asterisk
- July 16, 2006: Blog about asterisk and voip techology