Russell Bryant has posted details of the 1.6 branch of Asterisk in SVN:
I just created a 1.6.0 branch in svn. What does this mean?
1) Asterisk 1.6.0 is now feature frozen and nearing release candidate status. I have two issues against Asterisk 1.6 that I would like to resolve first:
- 12130, G.722 transcoding problems
- 11972, deadlocks related to SIP TLS
2) Asterisk trunk is now completely open for changes. There are multiple heavy sets of changes that have been waiting to get merged until 1.6.0 is done. They can now be merged in to trunk.
3) If you are a committer to the Asterisk repositories, you have 1 more place to merge bug fixes.
a) Merge fix into 1.4 as usual
b) Merge up trunk as usual
c) Merge the bug fix from trunk to 1.6.0 using the "mergetrunk6" wrapper that is in repotools.
That's all for now. Questions or comments are welcome, as always.
Senior Software Engineer
Open Source Team Lead