Nerd Vittles today provides a step-by-step tutorial on linking your doorbell to an Asterisk PBX.
Don't Guess Who's Coming to Dinner: Use Asterisk
Excerpt: With apologies to Sidney Poitier, yes, even your doorbell can now be part of your Asterisk system. And it probably should. Today we're going to show you how to hook up your doorbell to Asterisk. And, we'll throw in an intercom as well. When someone rings your doorbell, they¹ll get music on hold or a prerecorded announcement while your phones go crazy! The product that makes all of this work is DoorBell Fon. You¹ll need the controller and at least one Door Box, available now in white, ivory, or brass at your friendly, neighborhood Home Depot.
- March 24, 2010: Kamailio and Asterisk community dinner on Thursday
- March 29, 2006: ...dont blame me, blame KLM
- January 3, 2007: Astlinux-users: Dont forget to buy your AstLinux stickers
- February 3, 2005: SineApps coming to Milano, Italy
- March 19, 2005: Astricon - coming events in Seattle, Stockholm and Madrid!
- May 23, 2005: Astricon Europe: Coming soon!
- September 2, 2006: Asterisk 1.4 Beta coming Next Week
- November 21, 2006: Astlinux-users: Sound (ALSA) support is coming
- October 14, 2008: AsteriskNOW 1.5 Beta Available More Coming Soon
- July 29, 2015: New Features Coming in 13.5.0
- October 23, 2004: DUNDi is available for use with v1-0
- March 18, 2005: *-Dev: Jitterbuffer in CVS HEAD: How to use, how to report problems