VoIP New Net has an article on the passing of the FCC Deadline.
The FCC's E911 deadline passed today with little fanfare. VoIP service providers are required to file a letter with the FCC indicating how much of their subscriber bases do not have E911 compliance, and they are also required to stop marketing their services to or signing up customers for whom E911 service is not available.
Update: Slashdot has a note too
- June 4, 2005: FCC Puts VoIP E911 Laws Online
- November 8, 2005: VoIP E911 cut-off order rescinded by FCC
- December 4, 2005: VoIP Providers ignore FCC E911 order
- September 24, 2005: Daily Asterisk News passes 1000 entries
- December 3, 2005: FreeVoip Passes 1000 Users and other updates
- June 3, 2008: Daily Asterisk News Passes 2000 posts
- November 10, 2004: commsdesign: FCC commissioners agree on inter-state nature of VoIP
- March 19, 2005: Voxilla: New FCC Chief Not So VoIP-Friendly
- August 18, 2005: Appeal of FCC 911 Order
- October 5, 2005: VoIP Wiretaps: Official order released by FCC